What is the visitor's tax and why do I need to pay it?
The municipal authorities of spa and health resorts are charging a visitor's tax. The visitors tax is a fixed and earmarked contribution which is applied to provide for and maintain facilities for spa purposes such as recreational and sports facilities, hiking trails, ski runs as well as various other local facilities.
The Garmisch-Partenkirchen visitor card:
For each person and night the city charges 3 EUR. Children up to 5 years of age are exempt from the tax. Children from 6 up to 15 years of age pay 1 EUR per day. The visitor´s card (a kind of voucher) will be handed out to you upon arrival by the proprietor or hotel staff. It is not transferable and it is only valid for the duration of the registered stay.
Enjoy the following highlights with your personal GaPa Card, yours free of charge to use during your stay in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- free utilization of the municipal bus service,
- free entrance to all concerts of "Musik im Park",
partially free or reduced participation fee for our health program of Garmisch-Partenkirchen Tourism,
free card for library books in Garmisch and in Partenkirchen,
- 1x free entrance in the Alpspitz-Wellenbad (wave pool),
- 1x free entrance in the Casino Garmisch-Partenkirchen (passport necessary) + 1 glass of champagne for free.
Discount on the entrance fees to the following attractions
- Partnach Gorge
- guided tours through town with certified guides
- guided tours to the top of the ski-jump (in German language only)
- Museum Aschenbrenner
- Werdenfels Museum
- Partenkirchner Bauerntheater
The Grainau visitor card:
For each person and night the city charges 2,50 EUR. Children up to 5 years of age are exempt from the tax. Children from 6 up to 15 years of age pay 1 EUR per day. The visitor´s card (a kind of voucher) will be handed out to you upon arrival by the proprietor or hotel staff. It is not transferable and it is only valid for the duration of the registered stay.
- local guidance
- Kneipp facilities with paddling pool
- Cross-country ski trails, sports program, water gymnastics
- guided mountain-, herbal- and torch-hikes
- Health resort concerts (middle of May - September), folklore and Bavarian evenings
- Ski bus Grainau - Hausberg and back (only in wintertime)
- Sauna visit in the Zugspitzbad
- Höllentalklamm (hell's valley gorge)
- Partnachklamm (Partnach gorge)
- extensive guest program
- Theatre, special concerts
- Open-air museum of Glentleiten
- Entitles to purchase the ZugspitzCard
- 10 % discount on one day courses from Vivalpin Mountaineering and Skiing School (in the region of Grainau) during the stay and on multiday courses directly before or after the stay
Severely disabled persons
100 % disabled persons and their accompanying person are free from the visitor tax. 80 % and 90 % disabled persons have to pay the half of the city tax. Please bring us a copy of your disabled person's pass.
Last update on 22.01.2018 by admin.